Tax Manager – O’Connor & Drew, P.C.
We are looking for a Tax Manager who has the desire to further their career. O’Connor & Drew, P.C. has a core practice in closely-held businesses including automobile dealerships, retailers, contractors, food distributors, real estate and as well as a large number of high net worth individuals and families. We are seeking a creative individual who can help our clients survive and prosper in today’s complex and ever-changing tax environment.
As a Tax Manager, you would be responsible for managing multiple tax engagements and providing high-quality support and strategic advice to clients. This highly visible role requires exceptional organizational skills, strong relationship management both externally with clients as well as internally with staff to facilitate communication promote continued staff development. The ideal candidate will work with large corporate clients and individuals alike across an array of different industries.
- Meet with and advise clients throughout the year. This position will have significant direct contact with our clients.
- Quality Control Review of individual, partnership, corporate, estate and gift tax returns
- Research complex tax matters, develop strategies and alternative solutions for prospective transactions
- Consult and advise with Accounting Partners and become integral part of corporate work
- Review and advise on year-end planning for individuals and businesses
- Write and contribute to various publications
- Mentor and guide young staff members
- 7 years of tax experience with a progression of advancement
- The ideal candidate would have 7 to 10 years of public accounting experience.
- Strong writing skills are needed to draft correspondence with clients, attorneys and tax authorities as well as internal memoranda regarding income tax research
- CPA license required and MST, JD or CVA preferred.
- Proficient in CCH ProSystem fx suite and RIA checkpoint is preferred
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth
Perks of the Job
Salary & Incentive Plan
- Competitive salary
- Compensation for New Business
- Bonus Plan Available for Some Levels
- Parking Provided
- Reimbursed Travel
- Employee Referral Bonus
Health, Dental, Section 125 Plan, & Other Benefits
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO- Best Buy
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO- Enhanced
- Guardian Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Section 125 Pre-Tax Payments
- Medical Premiums
- Unreimbursed Medical
- Child Care
- Compensatory Time Off
- Sick Days
- Remote Work
- Employee Events, Parties, & Team Building Activities
401k + Matching
- Fidelity Designed Plan with Individual Investment Direction
- Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance for Qualified Masters Program
- Becker CPA Review Course
- In-house Seminars
- Enrollment in MSCPA and AICPA Courses
- On-line CCH Courses
- MassCPAs Membership
- AICPA Membership
Why Do You Like Working At OCD?
“I enjoy working at O’Connor & Drew because of the variety of responsibilities I have in my role as a Tax Manager. Besides the customary review and management of tax projects, I also conduct tax research, provide advisory services, monitor regulatory and legislative tax changes, mentor staff, develop in-house training programs, and more. These tasks keep my day-to-day work interesting and help me to grow as a tax professional. Paired with the welcoming and team-oriented culture at OCD, this firm is a great fit for my career in public accounting.”