Senior Accountant – O’Connor & Drew, P.C.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our well established and growing practice. The firm has a core practice in closely-held businesses including, automobile dealerships, retailers, food distributors, and a growing practice in of higher education. We are seeking creative individuals who can help our clients survive and prosper in today’s complex business environment.
As a Senior Accountant you would be responsible for coordinating and performing audit fieldwork, review engagements, assist with training and mentoring junior level staff assigned to your engagements and ensures that Supervisors, Managers, and Partners remain informed about the status and progression of each engagement.
- Plan, conduct and supervise engagements
- Prepare and review financial statements and
- Develop management recommendations
- Prepare and review tax returns for partnerships, S corporations, individual and non-profits
- Participate in client planning with Partners and Managers
- Participate in several engagements simultaneously
- Pro-actively look to provide additional services to clients
- The ideal candidate would have 3 to 4 years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA credentials are preferred.
- Experienced user of Profx tax, Engagement and Document is a plus
Perks of the Job
Salary & Incentive Plan
- Competitive salary
- Compensation for New Business
- Bonus Plan Available for Some Levels
- Parking Provided
- Reimbursed Travel
- Employee Referral Bonus
Health, Dental, Section 125 Plan, & Other Benefits
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO- Best Buy
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO- Enhanced
- Guardian Dental
- Long-Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Section 125 Pre-Tax Payments
- Medical Premiums
- Unreimbursed Medical
- Child Care
- Compensatory Time Off
- Sick Days
- Remote Work
- Employee Events, Parties, & Team Building Activities
401k + Matching
- Fidelity Designed Plan with Individual Investment Direction
- Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance for Qualified Masters Program
- Becker CPA Review Course
- In-house Seminars
- Enrollment in MSCPA and AICPA Courses
- On-line CCH Courses
- MassCPAs Membership
- AICPA Membership
Why Do You Like Working At OCD?
OCD is a really friendly place to work. I’ve made tons of friends in my two and a half years here and always feel comfortable asking someone for help, no matter their level. Every project is a team effort, we work as a a team and when we’ve accomplished our goals, we celebrate as a team. I’m thrilled to work in such a welcoming environment.