- June 26, 2014
- Posted by: Jake McAleer, CISA, CCNA
- Category: Events, IT Audit & Security
Name: IT Security: Managing Evolving Threats to Your Business
Date: July 9, 2014
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Location: South Shore Chamber Headquarters, 1050 Hingham Street, Rockland
Bring a brown bag lunch – beverages and fresh fruit provided
Contact Information: Send an Email
$50 General Admission
- What current Internet and data security threats are affecting businesses right now
- Real world examples of how companies have been economically impacted by these threats and steps taken to combat them
- What the SANS 20 critical controls are and how they can be applied to any business or industry
Leave the session, equipped with the following:
- Awareness of Internet and data security threats
- Steps to help prevent your business from being impacted by these threats
- How to use the 20 controls list when asking questions and making technical choices (purchases, implementations, rollouts, staff hires, etc.)
The presentation will be suited for business leaders and IT professionals. Material will be presented in a format suitable for both technical and/non-technical professionals.
Jake McAleer, IT Audit and Security Manager , O’Connor & Drew, P.C.
Jake McAleer is the IT Audit and Security Manager at O’Connor & Drew, P.C. where he focuses on IT security and compliance. He helps companies assess their current and future IT solutions against industry best practices, as well as regulatory and legal requirements. He has over ten years of industry experience in running and securing IT environments. His previous positions include Internet infrastructure services, IT audit in the financial industry, and systems work with defense contractors.