- Patrick Schroll and Todd Merriam attended the Connecticut Automotive Retailers Association Dealer Symposium on May 19th.
- Lisa DiGiusto, Mark Dow, Kevin Carnes, Nick DeLena, Vin Guarino and Ray Lofstrom attended the NHADA Partners Expo on May 16th in Manchester, NH.
- On May 6th O’Connor & Drew Sponsored and Attended the 2016 MSADA Annual Meeting at the Oriental Hotel in Boston, MA.
- Michael Hammond and Lisa DiGiusto attended the MASSBUYS Expo at Gillette Stadium on April 28th.
- The ladies of OCD enjoyed a Paint Night to celebrate the close of Tax Season at Painting with a Twist on March 25th!
- On March 21st, partners Kevin Carnes, David DiIulis, Frank O’Brien, Jeff Caruso and Ray Lofstrom rally around Partner Christopher Stenmon at theFacioscapulohumeral Society, FSH Society Basketball Tournament today at the TD Garden! Give these guys a thumbs up and support a cause near and dear to O’Connor & Drew!
- O’Connor & Drew’s Jenna McQuinn, Jennifer Salamone and Kim Reed pause for a photo at South Shore Chamber of Commerce’s annual WinterFest on February 25th.
- Jeffrey Caruso and Michael Hammond attended the Boston Business Journal’s 2016 Book of Lists Gala on February 3, 2016.
- The OCD Ski & Ride Club took a short break from busy season to go night skiing at Crotched Mountain on February 6, 2016.
- O’Connor & Drew alongside their IT Audit Division, OCD Tech, sponsored and presented at BankWorld at Mohegan Sun on January 14th and 15th. Below, Nick DeLena, Lisa DiGiusto, Jenna McQuinn and Michael Hammond pose for a group photo.
- Our annual holiday party was a great success as employees celebrated a wonderful year and the successes of many peers! We congratulated Bea Baldissera and Kieth Goldie on ten years at the firm, while celebrating our eight CPA exam passers: Melanie Dean, Tayla Grande, Monica Heneghan, Loryn Moynihan, Ryan Sheehan, Ryan McDonell, Jamie Walker, and Rachel Pedro.
- This year, O’Connor & Drew sponsored NEASC’s Annual Meeting December 9, 10 & 11 in Boston.
- Thirteen members of O’Connor & Drew’s staff helped prepare and package Thanksgiving meals at Community Servings on November 24th.
- O’Connor & Drew held their first annual Auto Symposium on November 17th. Frank O’Brien and Michael Hammond presented on Internal Fraud and IT Risks for today’s dealers.
- On October 20, 2015 Ben, Emily and Colby headed to SIP Wine Bar for a night of networking with fellow MSCPA Members!
- This year, O’Connor & Drew took part in the American Heart Association Boston Heart Walk on September 12, 2015! Five of O’Connor & Drew’s CPAs walked six miles to raise awareness and funds for heart disease. Thank you to Emily, Lisa, Brandon, Chris and Ben for your time and dedication!
- On September 9, 2015, O’Connor & Drew held their first annual Meet the Firm event to showcase their staff, offices and culture to future CPAs.
- A number of O’Connor & Drew employees were promoted this July and we wish them luck and success in their new positions: Christina Dooley, Lindsey Fahey, Monica Heneghan, Loryn Moynihan, Reza Saboury, Ryan Sheehan and Angela Xie from Staff to Experienced Staff. Garrett Alofs, Brandon Burns, Peter Castrichini, Hazel Gammad, Matt Gaynor, Paolo Mabanta, Brendan McCarthy, Ryan McDonell, and Rachel Pedro from Experienced Staff to Senior Accountant. Colby Cabral, Melanie Dean and Ryan Crawford from Senior Accountant to Supervisor. Congratulations to them all!
- O’Connor & Drew held their annual retreat at Granite Links Golf Course in Quincy, MA.
- On June 19th, over twenty of O’Connor & Drew’s employees headed out to Father Bills & MainSpring as part of Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) annual Day of Service. Here, a group of employees pause from volunteering at MainSpring in Brockton, MA with their Volunteer Coordinator.
- Michael Hammond attended the Rainmaker 2015 Super Conference from May 27-29, in New Orleans.
- Mitchell Halpern and Jennifer Salamone attended the 85th Boston Estate Planning Council Annual Gala at the Westin Waterfornt Hotel in Boston. William F. Leisman, III of Leisman Insurance Agency, Inc. and Adrienne M. Penta of Brown Brothers Harriman were recipients of the night’s awards!
- Mark Dow and Todd Merriam attended the 2015 Connecticut Dealer Symposium on May 14 in Farmington, CT
- O’Connor & Drew welcomed their 2015 Summer interns on May 26th:
- Brianna Kelly is a junior at Bentley University and lives in Hull. She is a Clerical Assistant for finance professors at Bentley and is employed as a Waitress and Hostess at Barefoot Bobs in Hull. Brianna is also a member of the Rugby Team.
- Timothy Leeman is a junior at Saint Anselm College and lives in Andover. He has worked summers for the past four years as a Laborer for the North Andover Building Company and is a Weight Room Assistant in the Fitness Center at Saint Anselm. Timothy was also a member of the Football Team.
- Emily Rose is a junior at Providence College and lives in Atkinson, NH. She has worked as a Teller at Santander Bank and is a member of the school’s Accounting Association. Emily recently returned from Rome, Italy where she spent a semester studying abroad.
- On May 14, 2015 O’Connor & Drew attended the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) Annual Meeting and Recognition Reception. Photo one: Managing Partner Mark Dow congratulates Suffolk Senior Ajar Siddiqui on being the recipient of the 2015 O’Connor & Drew Scholarship. Photo two: O’Connor & Drew employee Vincent Guarino (among three others: Ryan McDonell, Paolo Mabanta and Eva Wu) was honored for passing the CPA Exam in 2014. Congratulations to all involved in last night’s successful event.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C. was proud to participate in Rally for the Jimmy Fund Dana Farber Cancer Institute this year! Employees who donated to this great cause were able to wear Red Sox gear to work in celebration of Fenway’s Opening Day on April 13, 2015.
- On March 21, 2015 Marketing Director Jenna McQuinn visited her Alma mater, Salve Regina’s Career Day to speak with students who hope to work in the Marketing field upon graduation.
- Steve Cohen and Ed Buiser attended SBANE’s Rhode Island Breakfast Series: Higher Education’s Contribution to Rhode Island’s Economic Growth on March 4.
- Jeff Caruso’s article “Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail: How Your Dealership Can Prepare for 2015” is in the latest issue (Vol. 27 No. 2) of MSADA Magazine.
- O’Connor & Drew employees shared a little St. Patrick’s Day spirit on March 17th by wearing green to work!
- O’Connor & Drew announced the opening of their new Providence, Rhode Island location on February 1.
- O’Connor & Drew was the Cyber Security Sponsor of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce WinterFest this year. Mark Dow, Ed Buiser, Michael Hammond, Lisa DiGiusto, Jenna McQuinn, Jennifer Salamone, Kevin Carnes and Ray Lofstrom were in attendance on February 26.
- The OCD Ski & Ride Club took a short break from busy season and went on their 3rd Annual trip to Crotched Mountain on Saturday, February 21, after work until 12AM.
- Ryan Sheehan passed the CPA exam!
- O’Connor & Drew promoted Ben DeForest from Senior to Supervisor, Chris DeSimone from Senior to Supervisor, Amy Daniels from Experienced Staff to Senior, Kamila Karnas from Experienced Staff to Senior
- Jenn Schempp, Stephanie Corriea and Hazel Gammad attended the Emerging Leaders’ Summit: Step Up Your Career at The Liberty Hotel.
- O’Connor & Drew held their annual Holiday Party at Legal Harborside in Boston on January 10.
- Kim Reed attended “Woman in Great Place” Event on January 21, sponsored by MA Bar Association and MSCPA.
- IT Auditor Brian Leong on passed the CISA exam.
- Jennifer Schempp and Brendan McGuinness celebrated 10 years at the firm!
- Vincent Guarino and Paolo Mabanta passed the CPA exam.
- IT Audit Expert, Michael Hammond attended BankWorld at Mohegan Sun on January 23.
- O’Connor & Drew helped make Christmas wishes come true for 25 children in need! It’s a wonderful time of year to give back and we are always proud to work with Interfaith Social Services in their Help for the Holidays program!
- On November 23rd, O’Connor & Drew donated over 10 bags of canned goods, cleaning supplies and baby items to Interfaith Social Services Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- On November 19th, O’Connor & Drew’s Jeff Caruso, Brendan McGuinness and Jenna McQuinn attended the NHADA Partner Expo in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Christopher Stenmon helped raise over $50,000 at the Friends Supporting Hope Fundraiser on Saturday November 15, 2014.
This month, O’Connor & Drew, P.C. welcomed eight new grads to their growing team:
- Christopher De Napoli graduated from Stonehill College in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Accounting, minor in Economics.
- Christina Dooley graduated from Saint Anselm College in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, minor in Communications.
- Lindsey Fahey graduated from Assumption College in December 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting.
- Monica Heneghan graduated from Bridgewater State University in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and recently completed her Master of Science in Accountancy in May.
- Loryn Moynihan graduated from Bridgewater State University in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance.
- Reza Saboury graduated from University of Massachusetts – Amherst in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Business Administration, major in Accounting, minor in Psychology and completed his 150 hours in December.
- Ryan Sheehan graduated from Assumption College in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, minors in Forensic Accounting & Finance.
- Angela Xie graduated from University of Massachusetts – Amherst in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Business Administration, major in Accounting.
- On September 18, 2014, O’Connor & Drew’s Marketing Director, Jenna McQuinn and Audit Supervisor, Lisa DiGiusto attended the INBOUND2014 Conference hosted by HubSpot.
- On September 20, 2014 Garrett Alofs and Peter Bohan volunteered at the Rodman Ride for Kids.
- Brian Leong joined the firm in August as an IT Auditor. Brian came to us from IBM, and before that, 20 years at State Street.
- Christina Sullivan joined the firm in August working as a Forensic Science Accountant. Christina has a B.S. in Accounting from Salem State and an MBA in Forensic Accounting and Management from Bentley University.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C. enjoyed the beautiful weather on Friday, August 8th, 2014 during their annual company softball game.
- Mike Cosgrove promoted from Supervisor to Manager
- Nelia Kruger and Rita Leung promoted from Senior to Supervisor
- Brittany Steadman and Ryan Brochu promoted from Experienced Staff to Senior
- Garrett Alofs, Brandon Burns, Peter Castrichini, Hazel Gammad, Matt Gaynor, Paolo Mabanta, Brendan McCarthy, Rachel Pedro and David Piccirilli promoted to Experienced Staff
- On June 13, O’Connor & Drew, P.C. participated in the MSCPA’s Day of Service. Joining MSCPA members in volunteering at charitable organizations state-wide. Seventeen O’Connor & Drew team members spent their day at Community Servings, a local not-for-profit food and nutrition program providing services throughout Massachusetts to individuals and families living with critical and chronic illnesses.
- Jenna McQuinn joined the firm as Director of Marketing.
- Chelsea Antosca from Roger Williams University, Gabriel Seksay from Fairfield University, Katrien V. Wagenen from Bryant University and Rachel Bernstein from University Massachusetts – Amherst, joined the firm as Summer Interns.
- Edward S. Buiser, CPA, has been promoted to Principal at O’Connor & Drew, P.C. A graduate of Boston University, Ed has been a Manager with the firm for 10 years, concentrating his practice in the areas of accounting and audit, tax, business consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and succession planning. Ed has experience in a variety of industry sectors, including retail, distribution and manufacturing, construction, higher education and non-profits organizations.
- On June 7, O’Connor & Drew, P.C. participated in the MSCPA’s Day of Service joining more than 230 Massachusetts Society of CPA’s (MSCPA) members volunteering at charitable organizations throughout the state. Twenty-two O’Connor & Drew, P.C. team members spent part of the day at The Greater Boston Food Bank preparing and serving food. The Greater Boston Food Bank is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C., Braintree and Winchester, announced that:Frank O’Brien, CPA, CIA, CFE presented at the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association’s 2013 Legal and Accounting Update in February.
- Steven Cohen, CPA discussed A-133 Audits at the Massachusetts Community Colleges Comptrollers Meeting in February.
- Emily Kerwin and Nelia Kruger passed the CPA Exam. Zachary Laflash was promoted to audit supervisor and Colby Cabral and Benjamin DeForest were promoted to audit senior. Mark Dow, CPA, MST delivered a presentation titled “Developing a Niche Practice Area” to member firms of Enterprise Worldwide at their Annual Leadership Conference held in Las Vegas.
- On December 12, 2012, Frank O’Brien presented on the topic of fraud in automotive dealers in front of the Ford Regional IX NADA 20 Group. The group consisted of Ford dealers from the Northeast region of the United States. Download the presentation.
- Rita Leung, CPA and Gloria Kim, MSA, MBA joined the firm as tax seniors
- Brittany Steadman joined the firm as a tax staff
- Ryan Brochu, Mark Chandoo, Amy Daniels, Kristopher DaRosa, and Kamila Karnas joined the firm as staff accountants.
- We are pleased to announce that as of September 1, 2012 we are joining forces with Fougere & Associates, Inc., adding a Winchester office to our growing firm. As we look to expand our service offerings to better serve our clients, it has become clear to both firms that this is a promising and mutually beneficial opportunity. Should you need to visit our offices, we hope our new North Shore location will bring an added level of convenience. We look forward to seeing you there and to welcoming Fougere & Associates, Inc. staff and clients to the O’Connor & Drew, P.C. family.
- Zachary Laflash passed the CPA Exam.
- Todd Merriam, CPA was promoted to Audit Supervisor. Michael Landry was promoted to Audit Senior. Candice Deligolia, Tayla Grande, Emily Kerwin and Jamie Walker were promoted to Experienced Staff.
- Lauren Carnes and Mitchell Halpern presented a seminar this morning for auto dealers on “Protecting Your Revenue.” Topics included sales & use tax, cash reporting, demo reporting and employee classification. It was well attended and dealers left being more aware of areas in which their dealerships might be exposed to a government examination. Slides from the presentation can be viewed on our website by going to Special Alerts and selecting “Protecting Your Revenue – Tax Compliance Seminar.”
- Frank O’Brien spoke to the Community College and State Universities of Massachusetts regarding the Cleary Act.
- David DiIulis and Steven Cohen sat on a panel to discuss the Single Audit to the State Universities and Community Colleges of Massachusetts.
- David DiIulis attended the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Not-For-Profit Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. on June 20th through June 22, 2012.
- Chris Stenmon, a principal of O’Connor & Drew, P.C., Braintree, and others from the firm, organized the 14th Annual End of Tax Season Fundraiser on April 28 at Florian Hall in Boston to benefit FSH Muscular Dystrophy and the FSH Society. The event raised over $35,000.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C. is pleased to announce that it has successfully completed a peer review of its accounting and auditing practice. The review determined that the firm has in place a system of quality control that encompasses its organizational structure and has adopted policies and established procedures to provide reasonable assurance that the firm’s accounting and auditing practices conform with professional standards established by the AICPA.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Peer Review Program is dedicated to enhancing the quality of accounting, auditing and attestation services performed by AICPA members in public practice. Such reviews, required every three years, are administered and approved by the Massachusetts Society of CPAs under policies and procedures established by the AICPA Peer Review Board. Only AICPA member firms that pass their peer review can issue financial statements prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C. is committed to periodic peer reviews to enhance the quality of its accounting and auditing services. To see the latest peer review report, please click here.
- O’Connor & Drew, P.C. announced that Jeffrey Caruso was named partner at the firm.